Thank you for your interest in pursuing graduate studies at York University. Your first step is to review all admission and application requirements before beginning the process.
- Complete the initial Online Application and make the required payment by 15 January for priority consideration, or 15 March. This will be reviewed and uploaded by Admissions before you can complete the rest of your application.
- Once you receive your York University student/reference number (4-5 business days after online application), upload all additional documents required to MyFile:
- A statement of interest (MA applicants) or proposed plan of study (doctoral applicants) (both approximately 500 words)
- A resume or CV
- A scholarly writing sample that is single-authored and 12-20 pages
- Transcripts from all universities attended (York University mailing address)
- Three (3) academic letters of reference
- English Language Proficiency may be required (please see further details below)
The York & Toronto Metropolitan University Joint Graduate Program in Communication & Culture at York is an exciting environment to pursue innovative, socially engaging, career-ready education.