Complete the Online Application
2. Once you receive your York University student number/reference number (3-4 business days after online application), upload all the additional documents required to myfile:
- Transcripts (applicants can initially upload unofficial transcripts to their myfile but if admitted to the program must provide all official transcripts to York University as soon as possible (mailing address); York graduates are not required to upload transcripts)
- Completed Supplementary-Application-Form (.pdf)
- Personal statement (please refer to the supplementary application form for details)
- Three recommendation letters. Please input correct referee contact information. Recommendation form will be available within 72 hours after you submit your online-application
- Photocopy of CNO membership for those residing in Ontario, or equivalent for those residing outside of Ontario
- English language proficiency test, if required
Please note that the entire application package must be received in your myfile account by the deadline. Your file cannot be reviewed and considered for admission if incomplete.
For any questions related to the application procedure, please contact the department for details.
- Online application;
- You will receive your York University student number/reference number and access to myfile portal 3 -4 business days after completing the online application.
- You may upload unofficial transcripts in your myfile account. If admitted to the program applicants are required to submit official transcripts. All official transcripts must come directly from, and bear the unbroken seal of, the issuing institution. If you are a York graduate—York transcripts are not required. York University mailing address.
- Send supplementary documents such as "Verification of Employment hours form" and official transcripts to the Office of Graduate Admissions: and you may upload your all other documents online.
- completed Supplementary-Application-Form-PHCNP (.pdf)
- resume ( use grad-mscn-resume as an example so you have an idea of what to include in your resume) grad-mscn-resume (.pdf)
- personal statement (Statement of interest) (please refer to the Supplementary application form (.pdf) for details)
- three recommendation letters (please refer to the supplementary application form for details of references and referee information).Please input your referee correct contact details in your MyFile account; University will contact then for a reference. Recommendation form will be available within 72 hours after you submit your online-application.
- Evidence of the equivalence of 2 years full-time nursing practice as a Registered Nurse following graduation (= 3640 hours within the past 5 years) Verification of Employment Hours (.pdf)
- photocopy of CNO membership.
- English language proficiency test, if required http://futurestudents.yorku.ca/graduate/apply-now/elp
- Fill out the Online application, then wait one week minimum for your York reference/student number and access to myfile account
- Upload all the additional documents required to myfile before the deadline
Note: Referee information is added to myfile by the applicant and the university contacts the referees for a reference. Applicants can initially upload unofficial transcripts to their myfile but if admitted to the program must provide all official transcripts to York University as soon as possible (mailing address).
For more information visit futurestudents.yorku.ca/graduate/programs/nursing
The Graduate Program in Nursing at York is an exciting environment to pursue innovative, socially engaging, career-ready education. Contact our Graduate Program Assistant to learn more.