The LA&PS Minor Research Grant is distributed twice annually to support research excellence across the Faculty. The granting application details can be found below. All grants are adjudicated by the Grant Adjudication Sub-Committee of the Committee on Research Policy & Planning.
IMPORTANT: Incomplete applications will not be reviewed by the Committee on Research Policy & Planning.
- Full-time tenure stream YUFA faculty members affiliated with the Faculty of Liberal Arts & Professional Studies may apply to the LA&PS Minor Research Grant program as long as the project for which they are seeking funding is not already funded by an external grant. Junior faculty are especially encouraged to apply.
- Applications from CLAs and SRCs in LA&PS will also be considered. (Appointments for the grant period must have been confirmed by the application deadline)
- Retired YUFA faculty members from LA&PS or its antecedent faculties who are eligible to teach will also be considered, but given lower priority.
- Visiting professors affiliated with YUFA are not eligible.
- CUPE Unit II and CUPE Exempt Contract faculty members are not eligible for funding through this program.
- Team applications are eligible for consideration as long as all applicants are YUFA faculty affiliated with LA&PS. Team applications should indicate how any funds awarded should be divided up among the applicants.
- Members of the Faculty Committee on Research Policy & Planning (CRPP) and/or its sub-committees are not eligible to apply for funding through this program while sitting on the committees.
The maximum amount eligible faculty members may receive from this program is $5,000.
- November 15
- April 15
When the deadline date falls on a Saturday, Sunday or statutory holiday, applications will be accepted on the next working day.
A completed application package must be submitted through the online application form.
Guidelines & Templates
Please note that SSHRC has advised that the CCV is allowed to be used for internal review/adjudication processes.
*NOTE: For the completion of the CV part of the application, faculty have two options:
- Complete the NSERC, CIHR or SSHRC version of the Common CV OR
- Complete the traditional SSHRC CV -- that is, the SSHRC online CV form available through your personal SSHRC account PLUS the 4-page Research Contributions attachment. To log into your SSHRC account. After completing the online SSHRC CV form, generate a PDF of the form by clicking on the "Preview" button associated with it. Combine this PDF with your 4-page RC attachment to create a complete version of your CV materials.