There are many paid internship opportunities that enable undergraduate students to engage in research.
- NSERC Undergraduate Student Research Award (USRA) and Dean's Undergraduate Research Award (DURA)
- Research At York (RAY)
- Research at York for credit
PHYS 4310 3.0 and BPHS 4310 3.0 offer the means to engage in research for a semester, but with "payment" taking the form of university credits. Details can be found in the Undergraduate Handbooks (at the link) or by contacting the departmental office.
- Work/Study at York
- Society of Physics Students Summer Internship Program
- Physics for U.S. citizens
Astronomy and Astrophysics
- Dunlap Institute for Astronomy & Astrophysics
Summer Undergraduate Research Program (SURP), run jointly with the David A. Dunlap Department of Astronomy & Astrophysics (University of Toronto) and the Canadian Institute for Theoretical Astrophysics (CITA).
- Astronomy for U.S. citizens
Application deadlines: various.
- Center for Astrophysics (Harvard)
- Laser Interferometry Gravitational Observatory (LIGO)
Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship (SURF).
- National Radio Astronomy Observatory (NRAO)
They also have an Awards, Fellowships, and Exchanges program. There are opportunities in High Energy and Particle Physics here as well.
High Energy and Particle Physics
- Canadian Institute of Particle Physics (IPP)
Summer Student Program: Undergraduate Research Experience at CERN and in Canada.
- Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics (PI)
There are opportunities in Astrophysics here as well.
- Sudbury Neutrino Observatory (SNOLab)
- They also have an Awards, Fellowships, and Exchanges program. There are opportunities in Biological Physics here as well.
- US National Laboratories