Service Note: For more information about Hyflex classrooms and support, click here
How do I get it?
It is recommended that faculty have a short training session before the term starts if they are unfamiliar with the operation of the classroom. Faculty or their Admin Staff should put in a request for demonstration (a 5 minute instruction) via http://ceo.yorku.ca.
For classrooms that are not equipped with built-in technology, York faculty and instructors, and Administrative staff can order equipment using their Passport York username and password. Choose the ordering system for the location at which the equipment will be used:
Keele Campus: CEO-Deux - Classroom Equipment Ordering System
Glendon Campus: GEO-Deux - Glendon Classroom Equipment Ordering System
- See Detailed Instructions and Videos for Classroom Equipment
- See List of applications available in classrooms
- View a list of personal devices and accessories you can obtain for teaching purposes
- To facilitate staffing, coordinate delivery and ensure your request can be accommodated, all CEO orders are required to be in the system FIVE BUSINESS DAYS before equipment is needed. Late orders may not be able to be accommodated, or may be subject to a late charge.
- For student presentations, students should request the equipment through their instructor FIVE BUSINESS DAYS before equipment is needed. Late orders may not be able to be accommodated, or may be subject to a late charge.
- If you are using a classroom for a non-course event (any courses not offered through the York University Registrar's Office, conference, symposium, meeting) you are expected to place a CEO order.
- Note to Academic Users: Requests in CEO for the upcoming academic year (September 1 to August 31) can be made after 2nd week of August.
How much does it cost?
York courses in equipped rooms have free use of the technology that is installed. Courses in un-equipped rooms are charged a small fee for PCs; most other equipment is free. Special requests, recordings or operators are also charged back to your department. View the price list.
How do I get help?
- Please see https://www.yorku.ca/uit/contact/ for assistance and our hours of support.