The York University’s Quality Assurance Procedures (YUQAP) reflect two main principles:
- The pursuit of academic quality is the University’s highest academic objective
- Quality assurance is a responsibility shared by academic units, Faculty Councils, and Senate.
The Vice Provost Academic is responsible for the oversight of the York University Quality Assurance Protocols and Procedures. The Vice Provost Academic is the sole contact between the institution and the Quality Council, and oversees the administration and reporting functions associated with the YUQAP.
Protocol, Guidelines, and Templates
The York University Quality Assurance website houses templates, forms, and toolkits that:
- Outline protocol, requirements, and templates for proposing new programs, major modifications, program closures, and program reviews
- Provide guidance on the Cyclical Program Review process, including support for the articulation of program learning outcomes, the format of the self-study, and the data provided for the self-study
- Outline the processes for the selection of reviewers and scheduling of site visits for both new programs and Cyclical Program Reviews
- Set out the planned cycle for cyclical review, called the Rota, for both Undergraduate and Graduate Program Reviews;
- Identify contact information for support and assistance