Movers and Shakers
Furniture moves are a billable service; the charge out rate for a team of two staff and a truck is $66/hour. Please fill out service requests completely indicating what needs to be moved from which area to where. Tony Juric would be happy to provide an estimate for moves that would take more than a day or require additional staff before the work is undertaken.
A minimum of five working days notice (from the day we receive your service request in our office) is required to schedule work. Please keep in mind that lateral or vertical filing cabinets as well as desks should be emptied of all contents before they can be moved.
If work is required on an urgent basis, overtime work can be arranged. Please note that premium work rates will apply in such circumstances.
If you need further information on our office move services, please contact our Customer Service Centre at Extension 22401or firstname.lastname@example.org
Departments on campus pay for the following moving and set-up services:
- All departmental move related requests.
Includes furniture, office & personal materials, equipment, disposal of old goods being replaced, supply & install of store stock shelving related to the move, install of miscellaneous pictures or boards related to the move and any other related materials.
- All furniture set-up and tear-down requests as required for meetings, conferences, parties and special events.
Includes tables, chairs, podiums, water containers, departmental goods, tents, etc.
- All material delivery requests. Includes boxes, exams, equipment and furniture to and from departments and co-ordination of large-scale deliveries that may require temporary storage/distribution.
Excludes requests for the "Genie" lift.
- All requests for used furniture from existing Physical Plant inventory.
- Moving co-ordination for regularly scheduled events such as convocation, examinations and registration.