The Centre for Feminist Research / Le centre de recherches féministes promotes feminist activities and collaborative research at York University and works to establish research linkages between York scholars and local, national, international and transnational communities. Feminist research is conceived of in broad terms, as being concerned with issues of women, gender, class, race, sexuality, ability and feminism.
The CFR welcomes feminist initiatives from the arts, social sciences, professions, and science - bring your scholarship, creative works, policy papers, and ideas to share with like-minded colleagues! We especially welcome margin-to-centre feminist perspectives.
What We Do
- Support and guide the development of grants including designing budgets and knowledge mobilization plans, and providing editing and project planning with content expertise
- Provide post-award support for researchers who house their grants at the Centre for Feminist Research
- Host events and provide administrative support in the planning of events, including applying for funding
- Support the development of new research clusters to connect associates around topics of interest
- Provide knowledge mobilization support through multiple platforms
- Host Visiting Scholars, Visiting Graduate Students and Associates within York and beyond
- Share feminist opportunities, events and calls in our bi-weekly newsletter
- Disseminate research, insights and ideas through our Feminists in Focus Series
- The CFR is part of a North American network of feminist research organizations
- The CFR is the host institution for the interdisciplinary feminist sessions at the annual Congress for Humanities and Social Sciences
30 Years of Feminist Research
In 2021, the CFR is celebrating its 30th Anniversary. To commemorate this milestone, we are creating a digital scrapbook of Centre's work and impact over the years. We invite Associates, Directors, Coordinators, Visiting Scholars, Post Docs, and Grad Students to contribute.
Become an Associate
Learn about our CFR Associate categories and apply to join a network of feminist researchers at York and beyond
Join the CFR listserv to learn about our events, research and opportunities