Job Opportunity – Clerical Assistant
Overview and Job Purpose
The Dahdaleh Institute is seeking a part-time clerical assistant to join our dynamic research community. The clerical assistant will support the financial administration of the Institute. They will work with the finance officer to process transactions, ensure accurate record-keeping, and prepare budgets and financial reports. The successful candidate will have finance or administrative experience in an academic research environment and excellent organizational skills. Similar experience at York University is a strong asset.
The clerical assistant will primarily work in person at the Dahdaleh Institute office (York University, Toronto). This is a part-time position, 12 hours per week, for up to four months, starting immediately. Compensation: $23-28/hour, depending on experience and qualifications.
We welcome applications from all qualified individuals, including but not limited to women, persons with disabilities, visible minorities (racialized), Indigenous Peoples and persons of any gender identity and sexual orientation. York University is committed to a positive, supportive, and inclusive environment.
Financial Administration Support (75%)
- Completes all finance- and expense-related paperwork for the Institute and its affiliates, including but not limited to timesheets, payment requisitions, purchase requisitions, accountable advances, processing of invoices, preparing and submitting journals, purchase orders, claims for reimbursement, etc., for review by the finance officer prior to submission to the Institute director for approval
- Prepares monthly reconciliation of operating and endowment funds
- Maintains back-up documentation for all transactions for operating and endowment funds
- Tracks cost recoveries for the Institute and liaises with appropriate offices to ensure transfers are completed in a timely manner – includes printing, conference, workshop fees, etc.
- Provides information and assistance to Institute affiliates related to the completion of forms
- Follows up with various departments as required (e.g., missing information, incorrect charges) and resolves any discrepancies
- Brings unresolved issues to the attention of the finance officer
- Investigates proper policies and procedures upon request
- Tracks balances, commitments, and status of select grants
- Assists finance officer with preparation of draft financial reports and budgets
- Enters contact information, contract/membership details, and other data into database
- Payroll Administration:
- Updates the payroll email template to add/remove employees as needed
- On a biweekly basis, sends reminders, updates tracking database, prepares payroll submissions for review, and submits
- Acts as a resource for questions related to policies and processes
- Brings any concerns and discrepancies to the attention of the finance officer and Institute coordinator
- Conducts data quality control and data clean up, follows up with contract holders/members for missing information
General Administration and Support (15%)
- Attends staff meetings
- Record-keeping - uploads or updates records on MS Teams/OneDrive as needed
- Database management - uploads or updates records on Airtable database as needed
- Creates and updates templates and procedural guides as needed
- Other related duties as assigned
Executive Support (10%)
- Provides administrative and special projects support to the director and associate director as requested
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team setting
- Able to work on-site at the Dahdaleh Institute on specific dedicated days (days to be determined)
- University undergraduate degree
- 1-2 years administrative or finance experience in an academic research environment
- Strong financial administration skills
- Strong organizational skills, including electronic file management and task management, and excellent ability to manage time and coordinate multiple priorities
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent judgment and good understanding of research environment
Ongoing. Initial application review begins on October 3, 2022.
How to Apply
Submit your application package via the form below. Your résumé should clearly reflect how you meet the posted qualifications. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com
|Global Health & Humanitarianism, Global Health Foresighting, Planetary Health|
You may also be interested in...
Student Opportunity: Community Health and Wellness Research AssistantJob ID: 27565 Application Deadline: Sunday, April 18, 2021 @11:59pm Eligibility Criteria: sfs.yorku.ca/work-study-programs/how-to-apply-for-ray-positions Applications are only accepted through the Career...
Read more about this Post
Student Opportunity FW22-23 – Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR) Policy AcceleratorJob ID: 46079 Application Deadline: Friday, August 12, 2022 @11:59 p.m. EDT Eligibility criteria. Applications are only accepted through the...
Read more about this Post
Publication - Health impacts of climate change on smallholder farmersDahdaleh Institute Planetary Health Fellow Dr. Byomkesh Talukder has recently co-authored a new article on the health impacts of climate...
Read more about this Post