A clinical preparedness permit (CPP) ensures that York University, School of Nursing (YUSON) students have met the following requirements, prior to entering their clinical placements.
It is the responsibility of the nursing students to ensure that all the necessary documents are obtained, documented in the CPP booklet and submitted to Synergy. All students enrolled in YUSON nursing programs are required to obtain a PASS from Synergy.
- Initial appointment: $49.50 +HST
- Follow-up Appointment: $10.00 +HST
- Missed appointment: Full Charge of Initial Appointment
Here is what you need to do and know
- As CPP stamping will be by appointment only, you will need to book an appointment with Synergy using their online registration site.
- You will receive Synergy Gateway login information from Synergy via email (sent to your York University email address). You will require this information to login and make a CPP stamping appointment. If you have not received login information, please contact Synergy's Helpdesk.
- Related appointment fees will be paid directly to Synergy at the time of your appointment by Visa, Mastercard or Debit.
- To ensure confidentiality of personal information, you will be asked to sign a consent form to be provided at your CPP appointment.
- Should you require a 2nd appointment due to missing required documents, you will be charged to follow-up appointment fee.
- If you need to cancel-reschedule your appointment, you must complete this task through Synergy Gateway. Appointment changes can be made up to 24 hours prior to your appointment without incurring any additional fees. Changes to your appointment made within 24 hours are subject to additional fees.
- Once you have met all the requirements for the CPP, Synergy will provide you with a PASS.
- Please note that the Synergy Helpdesk cannot book, cancel or make changes to student appointments.
- Synergy Helpdesk is available Monday to Friday, from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm EST. The Helpdesk operates on a ticket-based system and all inquiries are answered by email.