Welcome to the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BScN) program!
Getting Ready for Your Next Steps
As a BScN student in your final year, here are some links that will help plan your last academic year and career:
- Obtaining your School of Nursing Photo Identification card.
- Completing and submitting your GeoPreferences e-form instructions.
- Completing your Clinical Preparedness Permit
- Getting your CPP Stamped
- Synergy Appointment Booking System - You will receive Synergy Gateway login information from Synergy via email (sent to your York University email address)
- Practicum Policies
Clinical Placement Timelines
- MAY - AUGUST - Once you accept York’s offer of admission, create your York Passport account and York email (so as not to miss critical information sent to students’ York email account).
- JUNE - AUGUST - Get your School of Nursing ID
- JUNE - SEPTEMBER - Complete and submit your GeoPreferences e-form to the NPCO by the August 30th deadline.
- Complete your Clinical Preparedness Permit (CPP) depending on which clinical placement you are entering.
- November 15 Deadline for Winter Placement
- March 15 Deadline for Summer Placement
- July 15 Deadline for Fall Placement
- Note: be aware that all police services charge a fee for processing a Police Vulnerable Sector Screen (VSS) reference check and it may take up to 12 weeks for them to process your application.
- Failure to complete your CPP by the deadline above will jeopardize your placement.
- Log on to HSPnet after September 30th to view your Winter placement details (based on your submitted GeoPreferences form).
- Get your completed CPP ‘stamped’ by the CPP deadline at the NPCO office (HNES 306).
Feel free to call the NPCO at 416.736.2100 x33174 or email email@example.com with any questions.
We look forward to helping you have a great year at York!