Welcome to the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BScN) program!
To get ready for your clinical placement, it is essential that you activate your Passport York account and that you have acquired your YU student ID card.
Getting Ready for Your Next Steps
As a BScN student in your final year, here are some links that will help plan your last academic year and career:
- Obtaining your School of Nursing Photo Identification card.
- Completing and submitting your GeoPreferences e-form instructions.
- Completing your Clinical Preparedness Permit
- Mask fit test currently not being offered by Synergy due to the pandemic
- CPR certification currently not being offered by Synergy due to the pandemic
- Getting your CPP Stamped
- Synergy Appointment Booking System - You will receive Synergy Gateway login information from Synergy via email (sent to your York University email address)
- Practicum Policies
Clinical Placement Timelines
- MAY - AUGUST - Once you accept York’s offer of admission, create your York Passport account and York email (so as not to miss critical information sent to students’ York email account).
- JUNE - AUGUST - Get your School of Nursing ID
- JUNE - SEPTEMBER - Complete and submit your GeoPreferences e-form to the NPCO by the August 30th deadline.
- Complete your Clinical Preparedness Permit (CPP) depending on which clinical placement you are entering.
- November 15 Deadline for Winter Placement
- March 15 Deadline for Summer Placement
- July 15 Deadline for Fall Placement
- Note: be aware that all police services charge a fee for processing a Police Vulnerable Sector Screen (VSS) reference check and it may take up to 12 weeks for them to process your application.
- Failure to complete your CPP by the deadline above will jeopardize your placement.
- Log on to HSPnet after September 30th to view your Winter placement details (based on your submitted GeoPreferences form).
- Get your completed CPP ‘stamped’ by the CPP deadline at the NPCO office (HNES 306).
Feel free to call the NPCO at 416.736.2100 x33174 or email email@example.com with any questions.
We look forward to helping you have a great year at York!