Here are some links and documents to help you complete your Clinical Preparedness Permit (CPP) and have it stamped by Synergy in preparation for your practicum course (NURS 5400):
- Practicum Placement Agreement:
- Completing your Clinical Preparedness Permit
Please see the forms below and the school will contact you with further details.
Nurse Practitioner-PHC Stream
Below are links to forms and eLearning modules required for your clinical placements.
All Master of Science in Nursing NP-PHC students must ensure that their Clinical Preparedness Permit (CPP) is completed and ‘stamped’ by Synergy Gateway Inc. in preparation for their clinical placement, as STUDENTS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO START THEIR PLACEMENT WITHOUT THIS. Please access the CPP document at the link provided and follow the instructions carefully in completing the requirements.
To this end, it is vital that in addition to having all vaccines and your TB Test up to date, you also need to complete your CPR/HCP certificate, Standard First Aid training, obtain a Police Vulnerable Sector Screen (VSS) reference check, have a Mask Fit test, and complete the two e-learning modules below for Year 1 of clinical courses. In Year 2, you will be required to complete all the above except for the Mask Fit test, Standard First Aid and e-learning modules (which are only required every two years).
The NP Program Practicum Coordinator will send NP Program students who are in clinical courses an email prior to the start of each term outlining the process to follow to have their CPP documents reviewed and approved by Synergy Gateway Inc.
For further details pertaining to preparation for clinical placement and the required documents please consult the Supplementary Guide for the NP-PHC Program, sent to NP-PHC students by email (usually in June) prior to the start of the academic year.
E-learning Related to CPP Completion
- Ministry of Labour Worker Health and Safety Awareness Certification
- This certification is available via a free eLearning module. The website indicates that the module takes 45-60 minutes to complete. You must complete the module in a single sitting, as it is not possible to stop part way through and resume at a later time/date. Print your own certificate at the time of completion because the Ministry does not maintain a database.
- WHMIS Training Certificate
- Students require a minimum grade of 80% to pass. Print your certificate following completion of the module. You will not be able to ‘Select your college’ or ‘Submit’ as indicated at the beginning of the session, as universities are not listed in the options. Just click on ‘Menu’ in the right-hand column, complete the training and when you have printed your certificate you can add York University as the institution.
York U Card
Please visit the YU-Card Office website for more details on obtaining your card.