Skip to main content Skip to local navigation
Home » Resources » Travel


We aim to promote safe travel for University sanctioned activities and manage the potential risks associated with it.

For more information on travel guidelines please visit:

The Canadian government also offers a Registration of Canadians Abroad service which provides updates regarding emergencies, civil unrest, and natural disasters to Canadian travelers.

Questions to help with travel coverage

  • Does the coverage provide out of province medial expense coverage? Is there a maximum or limit that the coverage will provide?
  • If there coverage for repatriation for medical or safety reasons?
  • Is coverage still available for regions that the Canadian Government has advised to "avoid non-essential travel (level 3)" or "avoid all travel (level 4)"?
    • Additional coverage for some groups can be arranged through Risk Management Services at an additional premium. Please email for inquiries about additional coverage.
  • What are the reporting requirements to obtain coverage?
    • When must you report?
    • Who must you contact?
    • What do you need to provide?
  • What do I need to have with me to initiate coverage?
  • What do my travel companions need?

Travel Coverage

Before travelling outside of Ontario or Canada on a York related activity, it is suggested that you review your out of province medical coverage.

Some potential sources of coverage are: