We aim to promote safe travel for University sanctioned activities and manage the potential risks associated with it.
For more information on travel guidelines please visit:
- York International
- Government of Canada - Travel and Tourism
- Government of Canada - Travel Advise and Advisories
The Canadian government also offers a Registration of Canadians Abroad service which provides updates regarding emergencies, civil unrest, and natural disasters to Canadian travelers.
Questions to help with travel coverage
- Does the coverage provide out of province medial expense coverage? Is there a maximum or limit that the coverage will provide?
- If there coverage for repatriation for medical or safety reasons?
- Is coverage still available for regions that the Canadian Government has advised to "avoid non-essential travel (level 3)" or "avoid all travel (level 4)"?
- Additional coverage for some groups can be arranged through Risk Management Services at an additional premium. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for inquiries about additional coverage.
- What are the reporting requirements to obtain coverage?
- When must you report?
- Who must you contact?
- What do you need to provide?
- What do I need to have with me to initiate coverage?
- What do my travel companions need?
Before travelling outside of Ontario or Canada on a York related activity, it is suggested that you review your out of province medical coverage.
Some potential sources of coverage are:
- OHIP coverage in Canada
- OHIP coverage outside of Canada
- Credit Card programs
- Benefits Plans