To graduate in an Honours program:
Requires successful completion of all Faculty requirements and departmental required courses and a minimum cumulative credit-weighted grade point average of 5.0 (C+) over all courses completed.
Students will take at least 48 credits in science, technology and society, including:
The STS major program core (24 credits) The program core for the STS major is defined as:
- SC/STS 1411 3.0: Introduction to Science, Technology and Society
- SC/STS 2411 3.0: Exploring Science, Technology and Society
- SC/STS 2010 3.0: History of Modern Science (cross-listed to AP/HIST 2810 3.0)
- SC/STS 2210 3.0: Technology in the Modern World (cross-listed to AP/HIST 2822 3.0)
- SC/STS 2222 3.0: Exploring Gender in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM)
- SC/STS 2333 3.0: Science, Technology and Racial Social Justice
- SC/STS 4501 6.0: Capstone: Science, Technology and Society Seminar
- 24 additional credits chosen from the science, technology and society list of courses, including at least six credits at the 4000 level
Note: at least 12 credits in the major at the 4000 level.
Upper-level credits: at least 36 credits at the 3000 or higher level, of which 18 credits are at the 4000 level.
Credits outside the major: at least 18 credits. (Note: students who are completing a double major or major/minor are deemed to have fulfilled this requirement.
Learn more about our Minor, Major, and Courses offered.