To graduate in a bachelor program:
A minimum cumulative overall grade point average of 4.0 (C) is required to be eligible to graduate with a BA degree (bachelor program).
Students will take at least 30 credits in science, technology and society, including:
The STS minor program core (18 credits). The program core for the STS minor is defined as:
- SC/STS 1411 3.0: Introduction to Science, Technology and Society
- SC/STS 2411 3.0: Exploring Science, Technology and Society
- SC/STS 2010 3.0: History of Modern Science (cross-listed to AP/HIST 2810 3.0) or SC/STS 2210 3.0: Technology in the Modern World (cross-listed to AP/HIST 2822 3.0)
- SC/STS 2222 3.0: Exploring Gender in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) or SC/STS 2333 3.0: Science, Technology and Racial Social Justice
- SC/STS 4501 6.0: Capstone: Science, Technology and Society Seminar
- 12 additional credits chosen from the science, technology and society list of courses
Note: at least 12 credits in the major at the 3000 level or above.
Upper-Level credits: at least 18 at the 3000 or 4000 level
Credits outside major: at least 18 credits
Learn more about our Minor, Major, and Courses offered.