POSITION TITLE: Residence Life Summer Assistant
UNIT & DEPARTMENT: Residence Life
- Current York student in at least second year of undergraduate studies
- Must be work/study eligible and must complete the online Student Financial Profile
- Must live on campus
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 1
RATE OF PAY: $14.00/Hr + 4% Vacation Pay
EMPLOYMENT TERM: Summer 2021
HOURS OF WORK: Summer term = 34 hours per week.
As part of your work study experience, you will be asked to participate in Becoming YU – a new program designed to support students in creating meaningful goals and objectives, recognize the value of your experiences, identify the leadership and career competencies you gain through these experiences and confidently articulate your skills and experiences, whether it’s for a future job or further education opportunity. Throughout your work/study experience you will have the opportunity to meet regularly with your coach to set goals and objectives, report and reflect on your progress and get valuable feedback.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Residence Life Summer Assistants (RLSA) provide administrative support with respect to several Residence Life projects. They assist with the development, planning, and implementation of Residence Life student staff training and residence orientation.
Under the direction of a permanent staff member the Residence Life Assistant may be responsible for some or all the following tasks
- Assist with the development, planning, and implementation of the Residence Life programs.
- Assist in finalizing the training outline, program content, training schedule, and implementation plan for all Residence Life Staff training.
- Coordinate logistics for the training programs.
- Supports the development of content and publications.
- Participates in the delivery of the training programs.
- Develop and distribute print and online materials that promote opportunities.
- Liaise with campus partners to assist students with obtaining information about available programs and services.
- Support student outreach initiatives.
- Attend and participate in regular team meetings.
Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to meet deadlines and organize time effectively. Ability to communicate clearly in written form.
- Ability to plan social activities, programs and events that contribute to an engaged community.
- Ability to communicate with others to explain and share information.
- Ability to collaborate and work with others to complete a shared goal.
- Ability to gather and organize a large amount of information.
Other Position Details:
- Third year of undergraduate studies or above is an asset
- Program development experience an asset
- Experience living in residence is preferred
- Experience as a Residence Life staff is valuable
WHAT STUDENTS WILL GAIN FROM THIS POSITION:
As part of your Work-Study experience, you will participate in Becoming YU, a program designed to support students in:
- creating meaningful goals and objectives;
- recognizing the value of their personal, academic and professional experiences;
- identifying their competencies and skills;
- articulating their skills and experiences with confidence.
Becoming YU includes regular meetings with your student employment supervisor/coach for reflecting on your progress and getting valuable feedback.
MANDATORY TRAINING DATES: Flexible Training in April 2021
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: March 22 2021