CURAC is the national organization of the postsecondary retirees' associations across Canada. It speaks for the collective on a variety of public policy issues. It provides a number of important services to its members, including an annual conference that highlights best practices among its member associations and promotes collaboration. YURA was among the founders of CURAC.
All retirees should check out the CURAC website to learn about the initiatives in which it is involved and the services and activities it offers to all retiree association members, including members of YURA.
To view the CURAC Later Life Learning Events Calendar, please click here.
To view travel offers available through CURAC's affinity partners, Collette and Trip Merchant, please click here.
New Travel Medical Insurance Offer
CURAC from time-to-time receives promotions from its affinity partners. The attached offer from MEDOC is a sign, we hope, of a return to normalcy, especially for those who like to travel. The travel medical insurance includes coverage for COVID-related issues and reactions to vaccination. For details, please click here.
2022 CURAC Virtual Assembly
The video of the CURAC 2022 Virtual Assembly held on May 19th is now available online. Co-hosted this year by the University of British Columbia Emeritus College, University of Victoria Retirees Association and Simon Fraser University Retirees Association, the program focused on "Faces of Wellness and Well-being." Among the distinguished presenters were Dr. John Helliwell, Dr. Angela Brooks-Wilson, Dr. Gloria Gutman and Dr. Anne Martin-Matthews. To view the Youtube video of the event, including the presentation of the 2022 CURAC Tribute Awards, please click here.
Anne-Marie Ambert honoured by CURAC
At the 2022 CURAC Virtual Assembly on May 19th, our Anne-Marie Ambert was honoured for her contribution to YURA and to CURAC. Anne-Marie has been the editor of the YURA Newsletter and the Person to Person bulletin since 2011. More…
Retiree Information Sessions from RTO ERO
Many members of CURAC retiree associations have taken advantage of the opportunities provided by RTO ERO.
With more than 80,000 members across Canada, RTO ERO serves as an influential advocate and the largest national provider of non-profit group health insurance for education retirees. Its members come from the broader education community: from the early years, school boards, private schools, post-secondary institutions or any other capacity in education.
For more information about RTO ERO (Retired Teachers of Ontario / Les enseignants retraités de l’Ontario) and the services and activities it offers its 80,000 members, please click here.
CURAC Member list
- NL Memorial University of Newfoundland & Labrador Memorial University Pensioners Association
- NS Dalhousie University Association of Dalhousie Retirees and Pensioners
- NS Saint Mary’s University Saint Mary’s University Retirees’ Association
- NB Université de Moncton Association des bibliothécaires, professeures et professeurs retraités de l’Université de Moncton
- NB University of New Brunswick University of New Brunswick Retired Employees Association
- PE University of Prince Edward Island Association of Retired U.P.E.I. Employees
- QC Bishop’s University Association of Bishop’s University Retirees
- QC Concordia University Concordia University Pensioners’ Association Association des retraité(e)s de l’Université Concordia
- QC McGill University McGill University Retirees Association Association des retraité(e)s de l’Universite McGill
- QC Université de Montréal Association des professeurs retraités de l’Université de Montréal
- QC Université du Québec à Montréal Association des professeurs retraités de l’UQAM
- ON Brock University Brock University Retirees Association
- ON Carleton University Carleton University Retirees’ Association
- ON Lakehead University Retirees’ Association of Lakehead University
- ON Lakehead University Emeritus Committee – Lakehead University Faculty Association
- ON Laurentian University Association of Retired Academics of Laurentian University Association des universitaires retraités de l’Université Laurentienne
- ON McMaster University McMaster University Retirees Association
- ON Queen’s University Retirees’ Association of Queen’s
- ON Ryerson University Ryerson Retirees Association
- ON Trent University Trent University Association of Retired Persons
- ON University of Guelph University of Guelph Retirees’ Association
- ON University of Ottawa Association of Professors Retired from the U of Ottawa Association des professeurs retraités de l’Université d’Ottawa
- ON University of Toronto University of Toronto Faculty Association (Retired Members Committee)
- ON University of Toronto Senior College (U of T)
- ON University of Windsor Windsor University Retirees’ Association
- ON Wilfrid Laurier University Wilfrid Laurier University Retirees’ Association
- ON York University York University Retirees Association
- ON York University Association of Retired Faculty and Librarians of York University
- MN University of Manitoba University of Manitoba Retirees Association
- MN University of Winnipeg University of Winnipeg Retirees Association
- SK University of Regina University of Regina Academic and Administrative Pensioners Association
- SK University of Saskatchewan University of Saskatchewan Retirees Association
- AB University of Alberta University of Alberta – Association of Professors Emeriti
- AB University of Calgary Emeriti Association of the University of Calgary
- AB University of Lethbridge University of Lethbridge Retired Faculty Association
- BC Kwantlen Polytechnic University KPU Retirees Association
- BC Langara College Langara College Retirees
- BC Simon Fraser University Simon Fraser University Retirees’ Association
- BC University of British Columbia University of British Columbia Emeritus College
- BC University of Victoria University of Victoria Retirees Association
The Member list has been drawn from the CURAC website, as of June 30,2020.