Information Design for the Common Good
Following the Dahdaleh Institute seminar with Courtney Marchese on Information Design for the Common Good, the Dahdaleh Institute has compiled a list of resources which were suggested by event attendees and the presenter.
- Which Tool is Right for your Data Viz Project by Scott Berinato (download)
- Data Visualization Books: informationisbeautiful.net/visualizations/dataviz-books/
- Choosing a Visual Form: data-to-viz.com
- Empathy Mapping: nngroup.com/articles/empathy-mapping/
- Interaction Design Foundation Article Library: interaction-design.org/literature/topics
- Free Icons!: thenounproject.com/
- Stanford d.School Resources: dschool.stanford.edu/resources
- Design Thinking Bootleg: dschool.stanford.edu/resources/design-thinking-bootleg
- Edward Tufte: edwardtufte.com/tufte/
- Tips for creating effective, engaging data visualizations: tableau.com/learn/articles/data-visualization-tips
- Ottawa model of research use: A framework for adopting innovations: nccmt.ca/knowledge-repositories/search/65
- Dylomo - Software for complex program evaluation: dylomo.com/
- Access Ability: A Practical Handbook on Accessible Graphic Design: rgd.ca/resources/accessibility/access
- Association of Registered Graphic Designers (RGD): rgd.ca/resources/videos/video-archive
- RGD So(cial) Good Design Awards: rgd.ca/programs/sogood-awards
- Design Thinking for Educators: designthinkingforeducators.com
- The Field Guide to Human-Centered Design: designkit.org/resources/1
- Human-Centered Design Toolkit: ideo.com/post/design-kit
- Colorblinding Plugin: A free plugin and to empathize with and design for the visually impaired. tinyurl.com/yd9j87du
- Graphesis: Visual Forms of Knowledge Production by Johanna Drucker hup.harvard.edu/catalog.php?isbn=9780674724938
- Data Visualization Tool: POWER BI powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/
|Global Health Foresighting|
|Critical Problem-Solving, Design|
Courtney Marchese, PhD, Speaker
Design and Global Health | Project, Research
Information Design for the Common Good | Lunch & Learn | 8 August 2019
You may also be interested in...
One Health Network for Global Governance of Infectious Diseases and AMR
The network strengthens Canadian leadership in improving the global governance of Infectious Disease and antimicrobial resistance (AMR) by building and...
Read more about this Project
Dutch Design Week 2020: Virtual Expert Program on Health and Circular Design Challenges
October 19 @ 8:00 am - October 20 @ 5:00 pm Netta Kornberg, Knowledge Dissemination Strategist at the Dahdaleh Institute,...
Read more about this Event
Canadian Centre for Disease Modelling: Distinguished Lecture Series on Modeling and Control of Infectious Diseases
December 10 @ 10:30 am - 11:30 am The Canadian Centre for Disease Modelling will be hosting a special lecture...
Read more about this Event