Information Design for the Common Good
Following the Dahdaleh Institute seminar with Courtney Marchese on Information Design for the Common Good, the Dahdaleh Institute has compiled a list of resources which were suggested by event attendees and the presenter.
- Which Tool is Right for your Data Viz Project by Scott Berinato (download)
- Data Visualization Books: informationisbeautiful.net/visualizations/dataviz-books/
- Choosing a Visual Form: data-to-viz.com
- Empathy Mapping: nngroup.com/articles/empathy-mapping/
- Interaction Design Foundation Article Library: interaction-design.org/literature/topics
- Free Icons!: thenounproject.com/
- Stanford d.School Resources: dschool.stanford.edu/resources
- Design Thinking Bootleg: dschool.stanford.edu/resources/design-thinking-bootleg
- Edward Tufte: edwardtufte.com/tufte/
- Tips for creating effective, engaging data visualizations: tableau.com/learn/articles/data-visualization-tips
- Ottawa model of research use: A framework for adopting innovations: nccmt.ca/knowledge-repositories/search/65
- Dylomo - Software for complex program evaluation: dylomo.com/
- Access Ability: A Practical Handbook on Accessible Graphic Design: rgd.ca/resources/accessibility/access
- Association of Registered Graphic Designers (RGD): rgd.ca/resources/videos/video-archive
- RGD So(cial) Good Design Awards: rgd.ca/programs/sogood-awards
- Design Thinking for Educators: designthinkingforeducators.com
- The Field Guide to Human-Centered Design: designkit.org/resources/1
- Human-Centered Design Toolkit: ideo.com/post/design-kit
- Colorblinding Plugin: A free plugin and to empathize with and design for the visually impaired. tinyurl.com/yd9j87du
- Graphesis: Visual Forms of Knowledge Production by Johanna Drucker hup.harvard.edu/catalog.php?isbn=9780674724938
- Data Visualization Tool: POWER BI powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/
|Global Health Foresighting|
|Critical Problem-Solving, Design|
Courtney Marchese, PhD, Speaker
Design and Global Health | Project, Research
Information Design for the Common Good | Lunch & Learn | 8 August 2019
You may also be interested in...
Global Health Seminar: Elevating the Social Science Gaze on tuberculosis with Dr. Amrita Daftary
24 March 2021 @ 2:30 pm - 3:30 pm Commemorating World Tuberculosis Day, Dahdaleh Institute Faculty Member Dr. Amrita Daftary will be...
Read more about this Event
Opportunity: Data Analyst
Position: The Dahdaleh Institute for Global Health Research at York University is hiring a data analyst for a project-based, limited, part-time...
Read more about this Post
2021 Student Opportunities Open for Applications
Eight Research Assistant positions at the Dahdaleh Institute are open for applications. York University students have the unique opportunity to...
Read more about this Post