Information Design for the Common Good
Following the Dahdaleh Institute seminar with Courtney Marchese on Information Design for the Common Good, the Dahdaleh Institute has compiled a list of resources which were suggested by event attendees and the presenter.
- Which Tool is Right for your Data Viz Project by Scott Berinato (download)
- Data Visualization Books: informationisbeautiful.net/visualizations/dataviz-books/
- Choosing a Visual Form: data-to-viz.com
- Empathy Mapping: nngroup.com/articles/empathy-mapping/
- Interaction Design Foundation Article Library: interaction-design.org/literature/topics
- Free Icons!: thenounproject.com/
- Stanford d.School Resources: dschool.stanford.edu/resources
- Design Thinking Bootleg: dschool.stanford.edu/resources/design-thinking-bootleg
- Edward Tufte: edwardtufte.com/tufte/
- Tips for creating effective, engaging data visualizations: tableau.com/learn/articles/data-visualization-tips
- Ottawa model of research use: A framework for adopting innovations: nccmt.ca/knowledge-repositories/search/65
- Dylomo - Software for complex program evaluation: dylomo.com/
- Access Ability: A Practical Handbook on Accessible Graphic Design: rgd.ca/resources/accessibility/access
- Association of Registered Graphic Designers (RGD): rgd.ca/resources/videos/video-archive
- RGD So(cial) Good Design Awards: rgd.ca/programs/sogood-awards
- Design Thinking for Educators: designthinkingforeducators.com
- The Field Guide to Human-Centered Design: designkit.org/resources/1
- Human-Centered Design Toolkit: ideo.com/post/design-kit
- Colorblinding Plugin: A free plugin and to empathize with and design for the visually impaired. tinyurl.com/yd9j87du
- Graphesis: Visual Forms of Knowledge Production by Johanna Drucker hup.harvard.edu/catalog.php?isbn=9780674724938
- Data Visualization Tool: POWER BI powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/
|Global Health Foresighting|
|Critical Problem-Solving, Design|
Courtney Marchese, PhD, Speaker
Design and Global Health | Project, Research
Information Design for the Common Good | Lunch & Learn | 8 August 2019
You may also be interested in...
Opportunity: Two Postdoctoral Fellowship positions in mathematical/statistical modelling of the COVID-19 pandemic
Background During different phases of the COVID-19 pandemic, real-time delivery of reliable and comprehensive information is critical to predict spread...
Read more about this Post
Global Health Seminar: Elevating the Social Science Gaze on tuberculosis with Dr. Amrita Daftary
March 24 @ 2:30 pm - 3:30 pm Commemorating World Tuberculosis Day, Dahdaleh Institute Faculty Member Dr. Amrita Daftary will be giving...
Read more about this Event
Applications for 2022 Dahdaleh Global Health Graduate Scholarships Now Open
The Dahdaleh Institute for Global Health Research is excited to invite applications for the 2022 Dahdaleh Global Health Graduate Scholarship...
Read more about this Post