Information Design for the Common Good
Following the Dahdaleh Institute seminar with Courtney Marchese on Information Design for the Common Good, the Dahdaleh Institute has compiled a list of resources which were suggested by event attendees and the presenter.
- Which Tool is Right for your Data Viz Project by Scott Berinato (download)
- Data Visualization Books: informationisbeautiful.net/visualizations/dataviz-books/
- Choosing a Visual Form: data-to-viz.com
- Empathy Mapping: nngroup.com/articles/empathy-mapping/
- Interaction Design Foundation Article Library: interaction-design.org/literature/topics
- Free Icons!: thenounproject.com/
- Stanford d.School Resources: dschool.stanford.edu/resources
- Design Thinking Bootleg: dschool.stanford.edu/resources/design-thinking-bootleg
- Edward Tufte: edwardtufte.com/tufte/
- Tips for creating effective, engaging data visualizations: tableau.com/learn/articles/data-visualization-tips
- Ottawa model of research use: A framework for adopting innovations: nccmt.ca/knowledge-repositories/search/65
- Dylomo - Software for complex program evaluation: dylomo.com/
- Access Ability: A Practical Handbook on Accessible Graphic Design: rgd.ca/resources/accessibility/access
- Association of Registered Graphic Designers (RGD): rgd.ca/resources/videos/video-archive
- RGD So(cial) Good Design Awards: rgd.ca/programs/sogood-awards
- Design Thinking for Educators: designthinkingforeducators.com
- The Field Guide to Human-Centered Design: designkit.org/resources/1
- Human-Centered Design Toolkit: ideo.com/post/design-kit
- Colorblinding Plugin: A free plugin and to empathize with and design for the visually impaired. tinyurl.com/yd9j87du
- Graphesis: Visual Forms of Knowledge Production by Johanna Drucker hup.harvard.edu/catalog.php?isbn=9780674724938
- Data Visualization Tool: POWER BI powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/
|Global Health Foresighting|
|Critical Problem-Solving, Design|
Courtney Marchese, PhD, Speaker
Design and Global Health | Project, Research
You may also be interested in...
Student Opportunity: Community Health and Wellness Research Assistant
Job ID: 27565 Application Deadline: Sunday, April 18, 2021 @11:59pm Eligibility Criteria: sfs.yorku.ca/work-study-programs/how-to-apply-for-ray-positions Applications are only accepted through the Career...
Read more about this Post
Student Opportunity – Global Legal Epidemiology Research Assistant
Job ID: 41487 Application Deadline: Friday, April 22, 2022 @11:59pm Visit the following link for the Eligibility Criteria. Applications are...
Read more about this Post
Critical social science with public health: Agonism, critique and engagement
This article is about a mode of scholarly practice we call critical social science with public health. The article responds...
Read more about this resource