Applications for the 2022-23 cohort of ambassadors will be available in the summer of 2022, and undergraduate and graduate student leaders who are in their second year of study or higher are invited to apply. To be notified when the posting is live, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
As long as you have the passion and drive to want to do something to improve the student community, you will make an impact as a President’s Ambassador and you will have everything you need to be an effective student leader."
— Emma Verrilli, President's Ambassador
Designed to provide York students with a unique perspective on the University community, the President’s Ambassador Program offers opportunities for current students to serve as representatives of the University and to share their experiences as York students with fellow students, staff, faculty and alumni. Learn about the engaged student leaders who make up the current and past cohorts of the President's Ambassador Program.
Students selected for the program have previously attended institutional and community events, like the musical Come From Away and the York Circle lecture series, and met with President Lenton to discuss campus issues.
The responsibilities of a student ambassador are:
- Attending a training session at the beginning of each academic term;
- Attending a minimum of one event/activity per month, as required;
- Serving as a representative of the University;
- Attending meetings with President Lenton four times per academic year;
- Inviting an emerging leader to attend the year-end reception to help inspire a new cohort of potential program participants.
Students who successfully complete the program requirements will receive an honorarium of $250 to thank them for their participation in the program at the end of each of the two semesters, and a letter of recognition from the president.