Video created by York University Grad Adam Szigeti.
The Black Creek Financial Action Network (BCFAN) is a multi-partner network. BCFAN is coordinating efforts among the many agencies providing financial information.
- Mounting public events with a financial focus
- Advocating for the community on finance matters
- Sharing the best practices aimed at building the capacity of service providers
- Researching and evaluating financial programs and services.
- Money Matters (July 2019): a free, introductory financial literacy program designed for adult learners. If you want to learn on your own there are a number of resources.
- Rebalancing the Opportunity Equation Report (May 2019) published by United Way Greater Toronto
- Pervasive and Profound: The Impact of Income Volatility on Canadians (April 2019) published by TD Bank
- Microlending and Training for Small Businesses by Access Community Capital Fund
- Find more Financial Literacy Resources
Highlight: BCFAN at 2014 National Credit Week
The Black Creek Financial Action Network was at Yorkgate Mall engaging local residents on the importance of financial literacy and managing credit. This event was one of many happening during National Credit Week throughout Canada.