Internship Program: 2021 Summer Term
Over the summer, the Dahdaleh Institute worked with exceptional students through our Internship Program, which is founded in an experiential education approach. Students completed program practicums with us, were hired through the Research at York program, or volunteered.
Congratulations and thank you to all the trainees for jobs well done!
Learnings & Doings
Mentored by Faculty and Research Fellows, student interns learned firsthand about today’s priority global health challenges and how to address them through excellence in research. The internship program is coordinated by Theresa Dinh, who matched trainees with researchers and guided them throughout the experiential learning experience.
Hear from the Interns themselves. These presentations were made at the 2021 Dahdaleh Institute Summer Intern Symposium on August 25 in which the Interns were able to share what they did and learned at the Dahdaleh Institute, and what they plan to do next. The event was attended by Dahdaleh Institute fellows, faculty members, research team and staff.
Presenters and Title for presentations:
- Niloufar Nazemzadeh - The Climate–Health Nexus in Canada
- Tieneke Dykstra - COVID-19 and Inequity in Latin American and Canadian Cities
- Christabel Agbor and Yeonjoo Lee - Performance Accountability in Maternal Care in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Tiana Putric - Design and Global Health: An Overview
- Ryan Jeevanayagam - Improving Medical School Curriculum Design
- Leah Goldschmidt - Developing and Growing the Social Science & Health Innovation for Tuberculosis Centre
- Ryan Gray - Regulating Wildlife Trade to Prevent Zoonotic Spillover
- Anna Subic - Systems Thinking and Planetary Health Risks: An Analysis of Urban Agriculture
|Global Health & Humanitarianism, Global Health Foresighting, Planetary Health|
You may also be interested in...
Recommendations to the Marrakech Partnership
On 30 July 2020, the Synergies of Planetary Health Research Initiative submitted Recommendations to the Marrakech Partnership. The Recommendations were...
Read more about this resource
Opportunity - Film Editor, Humanitarian & Global Health Organizations at the Nexus of Planetary Health and Climate Change-Related Extreme Weather Events
Background The Dahdaleh Institute for Global Health Research, in collaboration with Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) Canada, held a workshop on...
Read more about this Post
Health Emergency Data Science
Humanitarian responders have access to ever more data in the operational sphere but are often unable to utilize it towards...
Read more about this Project