Opportunity - Film Editor, Humanitarian & Global Health Organizations at the Nexus of Planetary Health and Climate Change-Related Extreme Weather Events
The Dahdaleh Institute for Global Health Research, in collaboration with Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) Canada, held a workshop on Humanitarian & Global Health Organizations at the Nexus of Planetary Health and Climate Change–Related Extreme Weather Events: The Case of Bangladesh on Jan 20–21, 2021. It united medical humanitarian and planetary health practitioners and academics with skills and experience across disciplines and sectors working at the intersection of climate, environment, and health from North America, Europe, and South Asia. Its purpose was to identify common concerns and solutions and to exchange knowledge, tools, and methodologies with respect to the health and humanitarian concerns exacerbated by climate change, with Bangladesh as a case study.
Hours and Rate
- Work will be completed till the completion of the film, approx. 15-20 hours in a span of one month (June-July)
Duration of Position
The project is expected to be completed in one month.
Areas of responsibility and tasks
Edit Film (under the guidance of academic fellow and staff):
- Using raw footage, including minor new footage and previously developed drafts, complete edit of film to meet the team’s specifications
- Re-arrange and assemble clips
- Insert smooth transitions and cuts
- Improve sound quality of clips
- Add graphics and subtitles (as advised and guided by the team)
- Ensure smooth assembly of all clips and graphics
- Add background music to fit the purpose of the film
- Ensure inclusion of credit for music and images used
- Ensure video quality of film is maintained
- Use re-editable formats for revisions and changes
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, in film studies or related field.
- Core requirements: Access to computer with video editing software such as Adobe Premiere and After Affects
- Preferred qualifications: Experience editing professional films, especially for research and educational purposes
- Excellent communication skills: professional email/phone correspondence, presentation proficiency
- Experience working with people from a variety of backgrounds/cultures
- Excellent computer skills (word processing, email, shared folders)
- Demonstrates an eagerness to learn and take initiative
- Interested in developing film and content for humanitarian applications
- Demonstrates organizational and time management skills
- Must be currently eligible to work in Canada (we are not able to assist with obtaining work permits, etc.)
Currently, the Institute is closed due to COVID-19 restrictions, and all staff are working from home. Remote office hours are standard working hours (9 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST). Regular contact will be via email, instant messaging (e.g., Teams), and tele- and internet conferencing (e.g., Zoom).
The position is hierarchically and functionally accountable to the supervisor, Carol Devine – Community Fellow at the Dahdaleh Institute with additional Technical supervision from Nayeem Munier – Admin and Project Manager at the Dahdaleh Institute.
To apply, please submit résumé and cover letter by July 21, 2021, including examples of past projects, via https://airtable.com/shrSFSJTDv1vRUGMg. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with attention to Carol Devine.
|Global Health & Humanitarianism|
You may also be interested in...
New Publication - Normalising the Exceptional: The Use of Temporary Protection in Transit Countries to Externalise Borders and Responsibilities
A new research article has been published by Dahdaleh Institute's Research Fellow Rhonda Ferguson and Community Scholar Linn-Biorklund Belliveau. In...
Read more about this Post
Student Opportunity: Global Health and Humanitarian Response Research Assistant
Job ID: 27589 Application Deadline: Sunday, April 18, 2021 @11:59pm Eligibility Criteria: sfs.yorku.ca/work-study-programs/how-to-apply-for-ray-positions Applications are only accepted through the Career...
Read more about this Post