Recipe by :
¼ cup Olive oil
2 tbsp Lime, juiced
1 tbsp. Honey
1/2 Garlic clove, minced
¼ tsp Cayenne pepper (optional)
1 cup Shredded green cabbage
1 cup Shredded purple cabbage
1 cup Shredded carrots
¼ cup Cilantro, chopped
¼ cup Green onions, sliced
1 each White onion, finely diced
1 each Garlic clove, minced
½ tbsp Olive oil
1 can Lentils (19 oz, 540 mL
½ tbsp Chili Powder
1 tsp Cumin
1 pinch Salt and Pepper
8 each whole wheat tortillas, 6 inches
- Wash all produce thoroughly.
- Make the dressing: In a small bowl combine the olive oil, lime juice, honey, minced garlic and cayenne pepper (optional). Whisk well.
- Shred the purple and green cabbage by slicing very thinly or using a box grater. Shred the carrots using a box grater. Chop the cilantro. Thinly slice the green onion including the stems.
- Combine the slaw with the dressing and allow to sit while you make the lentil filling.
- Drain and rinse the lentils well.
- Dice the onion and clove of garlic. Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Cook the onion and garlic until brown, about 3-5 minutes. Add the lentils, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper. Mix well. Add about ¼ cup of water if mixture seems too dry.
- Prepare taco: Top tortilla with about ¼ cup lentil filling, ¼ cup slaw and any additional taco toppings of your choice.
Tip: Use gluten free tortilla to make this recipe gluten free