Recipe by :
Teaching Kitchen, Nina Bui, and Dahlia Abou El Hassan, Dietitian
Appetizer, Dinner, Lunch
2 tbsp Fish sauce
1 tbsp Rice Vinegar
2 tbsp Water
1 tsp Fresh lime juice
1/2 Garlic clove
2 tsp Sugar
2 tsp Chili sauce
½ Cucumber, English
4 each Lettuce leaves
12 each Thai basil leaves
12 each Mint leaves
12 each Cilantro leaves
8 6-inch rice paper wraps
16 Large shrimp, cooked, cut in half
- In a small bowl, mix the fish sauce, rice vinegar, water, lime juice, garlic, sugar and chili sauce.
- Cut the carrot and cucumber into thin matchstick sized strips. Cut the lettuce leaves in half and roughly chop the basil, mint and cilantro. Set aside.
- Fill a large bowl with warm water. Dip one wrapper into the warm water for one second to soften.
- Lay wrapper flat. In a row across the center, place 4 shrimp halves, side by side and pink side down. To the lower half of the rice paper add lettuce, carrot, cucumber, basil, mint, cilantro, and noodles on top.
- Fold uncovered sides inward, followed by folding over the side closest to you over the veggies. Continue to roll until completely folded over and sealed.
- Serve the rolled spring rolls with the dipping sauce mixture.
Tip: Can substitute shrimp with other proteins such as tofu or chicken.