Faculty and staff can purchase goods and services in a number of ways. These 'Purchasing Channels' are designed to make it as easy as possible to purchase goods and services while managing risk and meeting our legal and compliance requirements. For instructions on how to purchase goods or services at York, select the most appropriate purchasing channel below.
COVID 19 Return to Campus
To ensure a safe environment where everyone can feel comfortable returning to campus:
- Masks continue to be required in all indoor spaces including, but not limited to, classrooms, administrative buildings, offices, meeting rooms, York Lanes, and common areas in all residences, washrooms, hallways and elevators.
- Masks are available for purchase in a bundle of 3 at a nominal cost of .25 per bundle. For the mask vending machine closest to you, visit our map.
- Physical distancing is recommended in enclosed areas such as classrooms, shared offices, libraries, research and teaching labs and other spaces.
- Signage that encourages and instructs everyone to practice in physical distancing as well as proper hand hygiene.
- Signs indicating maximum occupancy capacity in rooms.
- Frequent cleaning and disinfecting in high traffic areas in keeping with guidelines from Public Health Ontario.
- New sanitizer dispensers will be installed across both campuses.
- Protective measures - Plexiglass barriers and sneeze guards will be installed in high traffic areas where maintaining physical distancing isn’t possible.
Sm@rtBuy is the preferred channel for purchasing goods and services at York.
Learn more about purchasing in Sm@rtBuy.
This channel should be used to purchase
goods outside of Sm@rtBuy.
This channel should be used to purchase services outside of Sm@rtBuy.
Purchases exempt from procurement policy and procedure
The transactions listed below are not managed by Strategic Procurement Services. Please follow the links provided to learn more about completing these types of transactions.