How can I access library materials and research help from home?
- For quick answers on how to engage with library services and resources at the current time, check out the Library Services During COVID-19 Guide.
- York University has put together this handy guide for Finding Scholarly Materials Online.
- Check out our short video or online guide to learn about how to search OMNI, our all-in-one academic search tool. OMNI is a great place to start when searching for books, articles and more!
- Our Research Guides act as handy pathfinders to help you connect to recommended online resources to use when researching specific topics.
- Our friendly library staff are here to help! You can Ask A Question through e-mail, chat, text, or Zoom.
Where can I go for help with building my English language skills?
- The ESL Open Learning Centre offers free English language support for any registered York University student who is currently learning English as a second or additional language. They offer one-one-one appointments and small group classes online.
- Many of the Writing Centre’s instructors are trained to support ESL learner’s specific needs. While one-to-one appointments may be slightly more language oriented, they will still reflect the Writing Centre’s focus on the development of student writers and not on the perfection of student writing assignments.
Where can I find more help with research and writing?
Workshops & Appointments (Registration Required)
- Consult with a Librarian - Book a Zoom consultation with a YorkU librarian for in-depth research help.
- Writing Centre Video Chat - Meet with a writing instructor for a 50-minute one-to-one appointment via Online Video Chat.
- Writing Tips - This Learning Skills Services Workshop will help you manage your time to plan out how you will approach your writing assignment.
- YorkU Libraries Chat - Connect with a York Librarian through instant chat.
- eTutoring Paper Submission - You will receive feedback from a writing instructor within 24 hours.
Resources to Explore on Your Own
- SPARK - An online guide to successful academic papers.