About the Program
World Wildlife Fund Canada is the country's largest conservation organization, with a mission to reverse the decline of wildlife. WWF Canada's Living Planet @ Campus program encourages students in the practice of sustainability and the protection of nature on campus and beyond.
How to Become a Living Planet Leader
The Living Planet Leader Certification
A self-guided designation program that recognizes student contributions to a more sustainable campus and community. Students must complete actions in four categories to quality for a Living Planet Leader designation, part of WWF Canada's Living Planet program, including:
- Local on campus activities, community or global volunteerism
- Personal application of sustainability
- Application of sustainability in academics
- Teamwork and Leadership
- Register as a Living Planet Leader with Living Planet @ Campus
- Track your progress and record your efforts on your Living Planet Leader profile
- Submit your completed application within 3 months after your final academic term
The program is an opportunity for students to gain valuable leadership skills and boost their professional resume or LinkedIn profile. Students will be listed on WWF's Living Planet Leader website upon certification.