Encourage your students to participate in the community of writers at the Writing Centre throughout their university career.
The Writing Centre is an academic unit. Our writing curriculum is designed and delivered by faculty members and graduate students with scholarly expertise in the fields of writing and composition studies.
Introduce your students to us
- Include information about the Writing Centre on your course syllabus and in eClass
- Play our orientation video for your class.
- Request an in-class orientation (contact firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Connect your students with our workshops and asynchronous resources.
Note our policies
- We uphold student integrity. We do not copyedit student work. Our goal is to support students as they become more effective, independent writers.
- We maintain student privacy. We strive to provide students with safe and secure learning environments. We do not disclose or report on student activities in the Writing Centre.
I've used the Writing Centre and encouraged students to use their services. In my practice, I developed new tools for editing and enhancing clarity when discussing complex ideas. For my students, I've seen significant improvement in their ability to meet and exceed assignment requirements after attending one-on-one sessions.
— Kira Smith
Doctoral Student, Critical Disability Studies