Jumpstart your journey to success
The Advanced Credit Experience (ACE) is a partnership between the Toronto District School Board (TDSB), York University Faculty Association (YUFA) Trust and the Faculty of Education at York University that aims to enhance university access for Grade 12 students from local high schools in the Jane and Finch community in Toronto, Ontario.
How ACE works
- High school students are selected in grade 11 based on access opportunities (i.e. systemic barriers to university access)
- Students take a university half credit course at York in the fall of their grade 12 year
- Upon successful completion of the program students receive a university credit that can be applied at any university
- Students are eligible for scholarships to York University based on the grade that they receive in their university course
- Students participate in on-campus cooperative placements to build academic and life skills
- Students are mentored by students in the Faculty’s Bachelor of Education degree program
As a high school graduate going into university, the ACE program gave me a head start on what university is actually like.
— ACE student Kumi (2018 Cohort)