Skip to main content Skip to local navigation

Travel Insurance

While traveling on University business, flight cancellation insurance is an allowable expense.

When renting an automobile for less than 30 days on University business, the SOP - Renting Vehicles on York University Business (PDF) should be followed to protect University staff and faculty from incurring an uninsured loss. For rentals that extend beyond 30 days, contact Risk Management Services.

Insurance on personally owned vehicles is the responsibility of the owner and is not an allowable expense.

Out-of-country medical insurance is an eligible expenditure only if the employee is not otherwise covered under the University’s employee benefits plan. Employees are advised to consult with the Pension & Benefits Office, Department of Human Resources, before purchasing such insurance.

Additional Resources