The Anne Simone Graduate Student International Conference Award will be given annually to one student enrolled full time in a graduate program in the Faculty of Liberal Arts and Professional Studies who is attending an international conference to present his/her research.
Anne Simone was a long-term employee at York University. She worked for years at York's Schulich School of Business and for many years has served as the administrative assistant for the Dean in the Faculty of Arts working closely with George Fallis, Bob Drummond and more recently in the Faculty of Liberal Arts and Professional Studies as the administrative assistant to the Associate Dean, Faculty. She cared deeply about York University and went above and beyond for graduate students by helping them to negotiate university administration.
Value and Duration
- One award of $1,000 (Subject to change)
- Full–time registered Master’s or doctoral York graduate student;
- Must be a current student;
- Domestic and international students are both eligible for this scholarship;
- Selection criteria includes:
- student's progress in their program
- evaluation of how a presentation will enhance their professional development or provide exposure for their work among peers
- the number of other conferences the student has presented at
- Applications are due by November 20.
How to Apply
- Applications are accepted through the Award Application portal. The applicant's statement section should outline how the student's experience and current research are aligned with the scope of the award; and a budget of estimated expenditures.Upload required material(s), merged into one PDF file, 1) Call for papers to the conference, 2) Confirmation of Acceptance 3) Proof of Travel expenses (boarding passes, tickets, receipts etc.).
Award Period (when the award will be paid)
- Winter Term
- If you require further assistance, please contact our Scholarship & Awards Coordinator by visiting our FGS Staff Directory.