The Enbridge Graduate Student Award is available to graduate students at York University to support their research related to sustainability and the study of the environment, with particular emphasis on current and emerging issues and programs within fields such as, but not limited to: air quality; conservation; renewable resources; environmental engineering; climate change; and, the design of infrastructure. Applicants must be Canadian citizens, permanent residents or protected persons, be Ontario residents*, and demonstrate financial need.
Value and Duration
- Up to 6 awards of up to $12,500
- The value and number of award(s) in any given year will depend on the rate of distribution from the endowment fund and the number of recipients selected
Note: This award is comprised of matching funds. If you are expecting to receive the York Graduate Fellowship, this award will impact your Fellowship amount. Please visit Matching Funds to learn more.
- Full-time registered current Master's or doctoral York graduate student;
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents and/or protected persons who are residents of Ontario*;
- Selection criteria includes:
- Research in sustainability and the environment; air quality; conservation; renewable resources; environmental engineering; climate change; and/or, design of safe infrastructure
- Academic accomplishments (minimum “B” average), and,
- Financial need
Note: The student must be registered full-time for the upcoming academic year (Fall/Winter).
- Student deadline: February 28
- Graduate program deadline (if applicable): March 15
Award Period (when the award will be paid)
- Upcoming academic year
How to Apply
Students must complete the Award Submission Portal with the following information:
- The applicant's statement section should outline how the student's experience and current research are aligned with the scope of the award; and
- Upload required material(s), merged into one PDF file, 1) an up-to-date CV, and 2) a copy of transcript for the most two recent years of study (an unofficial transcript or records from student account are acceptable)
- Complete online Student Financial Profile;
- If you require further assistance, please contact our Scholarship & Awards Coordinator by visiting our FGS Staff Directory.