The St. George's Society of Toronto Endowment for Graduate Student Award seeks to support graduate students with areas of research pertaining to British culture (i.e. English language and literature, history, art, science, social and political science, geography, environment), and health sciences, specifically in the area of nursing and nurse practitioners. Applicants must be Canadian citizens, permanent residents or protected persons, be Ontario residents*, and demonstrate financial need.
Value and Duration
- Up to 7 awards of up to $12,500
- The value and number of award(s) in any given year will depend on the rate of distribution from the endowment fund and the number of recipients selected
Note: This award is comprised of matching funds. If you are expecting to receive the York Graduate Fellowship, this award will impact your Fellowship amount. Please visit Matching Funds to learn more.
- Full–time currently registered Master’s or doctoral York graduate student;
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents and/or protected persons who are residents of Ontario;
- Selection criteria includes:
- Research pertaining to British culture (i.e. English language and literature, history, art, science, social and political science, geography, environment), and/or health sciences, specifically in the area of nursing and nurse practitioners;
- Financial need.
Note: The student must be registered full-time for the upcoming academic year (Fall/Winter).
- Student deadline: February 28
- Graduate program deadline (if applicable): March 15
Award Period (when the award will be paid)
- Upcoming academic year
How to Apply
- Students must submit the following in one PDF document through the Award Submission Portal:
- Award Application Form: the applicant's statement section should outline how the student's research is aligned with the scope of the award;
- A current Curriculum Vitae;
- Official or unofficial transcripts. A copy of grades from the student account is acceptable. Must include the last two years or all years of graduate studies.
- Also separately, online Student Financial Profile must also be completed by the student submission deadline.
- If you require further assistance, please contact our Scholarship & Awards Coordinator by visiting our FGS Staff Directory.