The St. George's Society of Toronto Endowment for Graduate Student Award seeks to support graduate students with areas of research pertaining to British culture (i.e. English language and literature, history, art, science, social and political science, geography, environment), and health sciences, specifically in the area of nursing and nurse practitioners. Applicants must be Canadian citizens, permanent residents or protected persons, be Ontario residents*, and demonstrate financial need.
Value and Duration
- Up to 7 awards of up to $12,500
- The value and number of award(s) in any given year will depend on the rate of distribution from the endowment fund and the number of recipients selected
Note: This award is comprised of matching funds. If you are expecting to receive the York Graduate Fellowship, this award will impact your Fellowship amount. Please visit Matching Funds to learn more.
- Full–time currently registered Master’s or doctoral York graduate student;
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents and/or protected persons who are residents of Ontario;
- Selection criteria includes:
- Research pertaining to British culture (i.e. English language and literature, history, art, science, social and political science, geography, environment), and/or health sciences, specifically in the area of nursing and nurse practitioners;
- Financial need.
Note: The student must be registered full-time for the upcoming academic year (Fall/Winter).
- Student deadline: February 10
- Graduate program deadline (if applicable): February 28
Award Period (when the award will be paid)
- Upcoming academic year
How to Apply
Students must complete the Award Submission Portal with the following information:
- The applicant's statement section should outline how the student's experience and current research are aligned with the scope of the award; and
- Upload required material(s), merged into one PDF file, 1) an up-to-date CV, and 2) a copy of transcript for the most two recent years of study (an unofficial transcript or records from student account are acceptable)
- Complete online Student Financial Profile;
- If you require further assistance, please contact our Scholarship & Awards Coordinator by visiting our FGS Staff Directory.