This scholarship assists York students returning to university from a work or family career, who are pursuing a graduate degree in interdisciplinary studies or in interdisciplinary fields such as education, social work or women's studies. Preference will be given to those whose studies focus on women's studies. Applicants must be Canadian citizens, permanent residents or protected persons, be Ontario residents*, and demonstrate financial need.
Preference will be given to first-year students but continuing graduate students will be considered in instances where there are no suitable incoming candidates.
Applications are reviewed and awarded by the Graduate Studies Awards Committee.
Value and Duration
- Up to 3 awards of $6,100 each (Subject to change)
- Full–time registered Master’s or doctoral York graduate student;
- A GPA of an A or higher in the last two years of full-time studies;
- Confirmation of financial need;
- Must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or protected person who is a resident of Ontario;
- Preference will be given to first year students but continuing graduate students will be considered in instances where there are no suitable incoming candidates.
Award Period (when the award will be paid)
- Winter term
- December 6
How to Apply
Students must complete the Award Submission Portal with the following information:
- The applicant's statement section should outline how the student's experience and current research are aligned with the scope of the award; and
- Upload required material(s), merged into one PDF file, 1) an up-to-date CV, and 2) a copy of transcript for the most two recent years of study (an unofficial transcript or records from student account are acceptable)
- Complete online Student Financial Profile;
- If you require further assistance, please contact our Scholarship & Awards Coordinator by visiting our FGS Staff Directory.