York University established this graduate award in memory of the 14 women who died tragically at the Ecole Polytechnique on December 6, 1989.
The award is designed to encourage women to enter science disciplines. The scholarship will be offered to an entering, full–time female candidate in a program of study leading to the degree of a Master of Science.
Applications are reviewed and awarded by the Graduate Studies Awards Committee.
Value and Duration
- One award of $2,500
- Entering full–time female candidate in a program of study leading to a degree of a Master of Science;
- Demonstrated superior academic ability;
- GPA of A or higher.
- Students have to be nominated by their Graduate Programs.
- Graduate Program Deadline: nominations are due to the Faculty of Graduate Studies by March 1.
DOCUMENTATION (SUPPLIED FROM THE ADMISSIONS FILE WHERE POSSIBLE)
- Research statement
- Two academic letters of recommendation
- After the Graduate Studies Awards Committee determines the recipients, the Office of the Dean, Graduate Studies will contact all applicants by e-mail and post the award to the successful applicants’ student account over the upcoming academic year.
- If you require further assistance, please contact our Scholarship & Awards Coordinator or Research Officer by visiting our FGS Staff Directory.