Please note that this opportunity has been suspended and is not accepting any applications at this time.
Announced in November 2010, the Ontario Trillium Scholarships (OTS) program will help the best doctoral students from around the world to study in Ontario. Each OTS is worth $40,000 annually and is renewable for a maximum of four years. Ontario universities will be responsible for selecting and awarding the OTS to international PhD students based on merit and program criteria.
Value and Duration
- $40,000 renewable for up to four years
In order to be eligible to hold an OTS, the nominated student must:
- be an international student with a first-class average. (at least an A- in the last two years of full-time study)
- be accepted as a full-time PhD student at York University in 2018-2019 as part of the nominating department's quota
- not be currently studying at an Ontario postsecondary institution at the undergraduate or graduate level
- not be intending to enroll in a qualifying or make-up year
- not be holding another scholarship or fellowship from the MTCU (i.e. OGS or QEII-GSST) or Tri-Council (SSHRC, NSERC, CIHR, Vanier)
- not be holding funding from other international sources that may not be held concurrently with the Trillium Award (see Scholarship and Awards Coordinator for details)
- If you require further assistance, please contact our Research Officer or Scholarship & Awards Coordinator by visiting our FGS Staff Directory.