Presented by Global Affairs Canada, Study in Canada Scholarships provide students from post-secondary institutions located in the specific eligible countries/territories with short-term exchange opportunities for study or research in Canadian post-secondary institutions at the college, undergraduate and graduate levels.
Value and Duration
The scholarship value varies depending on the duration, level and program of study.
- Up to $12,700 (CAD) for graduate students (Master's and PhD) for a period of five to six months of study or research.
- Candidates must be citizens of the following eligible countries/territories:
- Asia: Bangladesh, Nepal, Taiwan
- Europe: Turkey, Ukraine
- Middle East and North Africa: Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Libya, Morocco, Tunisia
- Sub-Saharan Africa: Burkina Faso, Ethiopia, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Uganda
- Registered full-time students at a post-secondary institution in an eligible country/territory and paying tuition required by that institution at the time of application and for the full duration of the exchange;
- Candidates who hold Canadian citizenship or permanent residency, or who have a pending application for permanent residency in Canada are not eligible;
- Candidates already enrolled in a Canadian post-secondary institution are not eligible.
- To be announced
How to Apply
Please review complete details on the application process on the Study in Canada Scholarships Page.
- Candidates interested in this scholarship should first contact their home institutions.
- Home institutions will identify strong academic candidates and provide documentation to the Canadian institution.
- Canadian institution will apply for qualifying candidates by submitting the application and supporting documentation prior to the deadline.
- Proof of citizenship/identity (for candidates from Taiwan, proof of household registration in Taiwan must also be provided)
- Proof of full-time enrolment (on official letterhead from home institution confirming enrolment and expected graduation date, maximum one page)
- Letter of intent from candidate
- Letter of support from the home institution
- Letter of invitation from the Canadian supervisor (indicating their willingness to support and mentor the candidate and how the Canadian institution, supervisor, and peers will benefit from the exchange, maximum one page)
- Signed copy of Memorandum of Understanding or Agreement with the partner institution indicating tuition waiver
- A signed Privacy Notice Statement
When the Award will be paid
Scholarship recipients must commence their 5 to 6 months of study or research between June 1, 2021 and February 1, 2020.
- If you require further assistance, please contact our Research Officer by visiting our FGS Staff Directory.
- Funding Agency
Study in Canada Scholarships program