The Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Scholarship Program will help shape researchers into engaged leaders who are conscious of the impact of their research, connected to the realities of the communities in which they work, and open to non-conventional forms of knowledge. Up to 20 Trudeau Scholars are selected each year nationally to support outstanding doctoral candidates pursuing research in social sciences and humanities, touching upon one or more of the four themes of the Foundation: (1) human rights and dignity; (2) responsible citizenship; (3) Canada in the world; and (4) people and their natural environment.
- Up to $40,000 (plus up to $20,000 research allowance) per year for up to three years
- Please review the complete details on eligibility and selection process on the Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation website.
- December 1, 5:00 p.m. EST
How to Apply
All applicants should apply directly to the Foundation using the application portal.
Please review the complete details of the application process on the Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation website.
In order to apply, applicants must:
- Register for an account on the Foundation’s new application portal (click “Register Here” button)
- Once registration is complete, create an application for the Competition, Complete and submit the application before the deadline.
- Referees will be asked to complete and submit a predetermined referral form directly on the Foundation’s application portal. All candidates are strongly advised to follow up with their referees to ensure they complete and submit the form well before the December 1st, at 5:00 p.m. EST deadline.
All eligible candidates who submit a completed application by December 1st, at 5:00 p.m. EST will go through a rigorous selection process. Shortlisted candidates (Round One) will be contacted in February and invited to group interviews. Finalists (Round Two) will then be invited to meet for individual interviews with members of the ANRC in March.
- If you require further assistance, please contact our Research Officer by visiting our FGS Staff Directory.
- Trudeau Foundation