The Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Scholarship Program will help shape researchers into engaged leaders who are conscious of the impact of their research, connected to the realities of the communities in which they work, and open to non-conventional forms of knowledge. Up to 20 Trudeau Scholars are selected each year nationally to support outstanding doctoral candidates pursuing research in social sciences and humanities, touching upon one or more of the four themes of the Foundation: (1) human rights and dignity; (2) responsible citizenship; (3) Canada in the world; and (4) people and their natural environment.
- Up to $40,000 (plus up to $20,000 research allowance) per year for up to three years
- Please review the complete details on eligibility and selection process on the Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation website.
- January 5, 2023, 11:59pm.
How to Apply
Beginning Fall 2020, the Foundation is asking all applicants to apply directly via the Foundation’s new application portal. Universities are no longer required to nominate applications.
Please review the complete details on the application process on the Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation website.
In order to apply, applicants must:
- Register for an account on the Foundation’s new application portal (click “Register Here” button)
- Once registration is complete, create an application for the 2023 Competition and Complete and submit the application before the deadline.
- Referees will be asked to complete and submit a predetermined referral form directly on the Foundation’s application portal. Reference letters in PDF format are no longer required. All candidates are strongly advised to follow up with their referees to ensure they complete and submit the form well before the January 5, 2023 at 11:59 pm EST deadline.
Applicants will be contacted directly by the Foundation. Candidates may be invited to group interviews in February 2023, and finalists will be invited to individual interviews in March 2023. 2021 Scholars will be announced in May 2023.
- If you require further assistance, please contact our Research Officer by visiting our FGS Staff Directory.
- Trudeau Foundation