The Mackenzie King Scholarships were established as an independent trust under the will of the late Rt. Hon. William Mackenzie King (1874–1950). Two classes of Mackenzie King Scholarship are available to graduates of Canadian universities: the Open Scholarship and the Travelling Scholarship. Both are to support graduate study.
- The Open Scholarship is available to graduates of Canadian universities who pursue graduate study in any discipline, in Canada or elsewhere
- The Travelling Scholarship is available to graduates of Canadian universities who pursue graduate study in the United States or the United Kingdom in the areas of international relations or industrial relations
Value and Duration
- One Open Scholarship is awarded each year at $8,500 (subject to change).
- Up to four Travelling Scholarships at $10,500 (subject to change).
- February 1
How to Apply
A complete application package should be submitted to the FGS Scholarships and Awards Coordinator by February 1. An application form and transcripts should be submitted in one envelope. References may be submitted to the student in a sealed envelope, or directly to FGS.
- If you require further assistance, please contact our Research Officer (facilitate review process with adjudication committee) or Scholarship & Awards Coordinator (collect and organize applications) by visiting our FGS Staff Directory.