Are you interested in applying to the IEP Foundations Program? This program offers free access to language training, two courses, career coaching and events to eligible accepted candidates. To find out more about the program and how to apply please review our brochure below or sign up to attend an information session.
Interested applicants MUST meet the following criteria:
- Living in Canada 3 years or less is preferred, or no more than 5 years;
- Have a minimum of a recognized bachelor’s degree in a related Business, IT or HR discipline from a non-Canadian university or institution;
- Be a Permanent Resident, Convention Refugee or recognized Protected Person (as defined per article 95 of Immigration and Refugee Protection Act S.C. 2001, c. 27);or a Ukrainian National visiting Under the Emergency Travel measures for Canada-Ukraine Authorization for Emergency Travel (CUAET) with an open work permit and a 900-series SIN;
- Have related professional work experience outside Canada – typically 3+ years professional experience preferred; and
- Have a good command of the English language as proven by achieving an average CLB score of 7+ within the past 24 months.
Refugee claimants and new Canadian citizens are only eligible to apply to the IEP Certificate Programs – they are not eligible for the Foundation Program due to program funding criteria.
For more information on how to obtain your CLB score visit the Achēv website. More information about the CLB test can be found on the Centre for Canadian Language Benchmarks website or by reviewing the CLB benchmark guide.
The next application period startas in May 2023 for August 2023 Start Date. Please join IEP Mailing list to get information when the application intake reopens in 2023.
Sign-up for an Information Session
Come to our info sessions to get more details and connect with our staff.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Apply
The IEP Foundations program (a Canadian Workplace Foundations Program for Newcomers) will be accepting applications starting on May 4th, 2023. Please follow the steps below and review this applicant information package to ensure you have all the needed information when applying. The IEP Team will be hosting Zoom webinars in May and June, register on the link above to be invited to the sessions, we recommend all applicants join an information session to ensure you have all the information to make a successful application. The University will assess applicants and issue acceptances during the summer, this program will begin in August 2023.
Complete the IEP Foundations Program supplementary application and upload supporting eligibility documents.
Apply using the York University undergraduate application form as an IEP visiting student in the Faculty of Liberal Arts & Professional Studies.
Submit transcripts and proof of degrees to the Office of Admissions. Initially, we accept unofficial copies which will be submitted through your MyFile application. However, after acceptance to the program, we require you to arrange to submit an official copy of only your bachelor’s degree and transcripts directly from WES evaluation services or your original University.