Are you interested in applying to the IEP Foundations Program? This program offers free access to language training, two courses, career coaching and events to eligible accepted candidates. To find out more about the program and how to apply please review our brochure below or sign up to attend an information session.
Interested applicants MUST meet the following criteria:
- Currently reside in Ontario and have lived in Canada for three years or less;
- Have a minimum of a recognized bachelor’s degree in a related Business, IT or HR discipline from a non-Canadian university or institution;
- Be a Permanent Resident, Convention Refugee or recognized Protected Person (as defined per article 95 of Immigration and Refugee Protection Act S.C. 2001, c. 27);
- Have related professional work experience (typically a minimum of three years in your field is recommended); and
- Have a good command of the English language as proven by achieving an average CLB score of 7+ within the past 24 months.
Refugee claimants and new Canadian citizens are only eligible to apply to the IEP Certificate Programs – they are not eligible for the Foundation Program due to program funding criteria.
For more information on how to obtain your CLB score visit the Achēv website. More information about the CLB test can be found on the Centre for Canadian Language Benchmarks website or by reviewing the CLB benchmark guide.
Next application period Spring 2022 for August 2022 Start Date. Please join IEP Mailing list to get information when the application intake reopens in 2022.
Sign-up for an Information Session
Come to our info sessions to get more details and connect with our staff.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Apply
The Bridge to Employment IEP Foundations program (a Canadian Workplace Foundations Program for newcomers) is accepting applications for Fall 2022 Term from May 2022. The program will begin in August, 2022.
To be considered for the program you must submit two separate applications and your transcripts - please review the Application (step-by-step instructions package) (PDF) and sign up for an information session.
Complete the IEP Foundations Program supplementary application and upload supporting eligibility documents.
Apply using the York University undergraduate application form as an IEP visiting student in the Faculty of Liberal Arts & Professional Studies.
Submit transcripts and proof of degrees to the Office of Admissions. Initially, we accept unofficial copies which will be submitted through your MyFile application. However, after acceptance to the program, we require you to arrange to submit an official copy of only your bachelor’s degree and transcripts directly from WES evaluation services or your original University.