We are currently recruiting Class Representatives for the Winter 2023 semester.
Apply below by: Friday, January 20th at 11:59PM (midnight)
The Class Representatives program is a great way to get involved in the school community and especially in a time like this it is important for all students to stay connected now more than ever. As a Class Representative you will have the job as the liaison between all your classmates and your professor. You will facilitate study groups with your classmates and attend Class Representative meetings throughout the term.
It is a great way to get to know your classmates and practice your leadership skills. It definitely looks great on a resume and best of all you get to network and meet great people!
If you are in a first or second year course within the Faculty of Science or Lassonde School of Engineering (except for Physics and Natural Sciences) please consider applying.
Have questions or want a copy of the above information in a different format? Email email@example.com.
You will need to provide your Resume and a Personal Statement outlining why you want to be a Class Representative.
Please save both documents into one PDF file.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Meet with the course director/instructor on a need-to basis to discuss feedback received from classmates
- Organize study groups; coordinate timings with Peer Tutors and book study rooms as necessary
- Keep accurate records of study group attendance and other interactions; write a reflective summary of duties performed at the end of the semester
- Make class announcements regarding any events/workshops/seminars organized by Bethune College
- Attend biweekly meetings with fellow CRs and the CR Program Coordinator
- Assist with the recruitment of new Peer Leaders (New CRs especially).
Mandatory Orientation and Training
- Attend Basic Peer Leadership (BPL) Training
- Attend Class Representative (CR) training
- Complete all mandated health and safety, and workplace training.
Please note - Failure to attend any mandatory training may make you ineligible for the position. You will be given an opportunity to explain why you cannot during the application process but accommodations are not guaranteed.