|The Bennett Family Graduate Scholarship for Black and Indigenous Students: will be open to graduate students who identify as Black and/or Indigenous. Recipients must have a minimum GPA of 7.5 or A, and be Canadian citizens, permanent residents or protected persons and resident of Ontario who demonstrate financial need. Doctoral scholarships will be renewable for an additional 3 years provided the recipient has maintained satisfactory progress.
The Scholarship will be adjudicated by the Faculty of Graduate Studies
Value and Duration
- Two awards of up to $20,000 (Subject to change).
- Renewable for a maximum of 3 additional years, provided recipients remain eligible and in good standing.
- Student entering a full-time PHD program;
- Canadian citizen, permanent resident and/or protected person who is a resident of Ontario;
- Minimum admission average of A;
- Demonstrate financial need.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants for admission must be nominated by the graduate program.
GRADUATE PROGRAM RESPONSIBILITY
- Graduate programs are encouraged to forward nominations.
DOCUMENTATION (SUPPLIED FROM THE ADMISSIONS FILE WHERE POSSIBLE)
- Research statement
- Two academic letters of recommendation
- A completed online Student Financial Profile for the upcoming academic year
- Fall 2024 - Program nomination is due to FGS by January 31, 2024.
Award Period (when the award will be paid)
- Upcoming academic year
- If you require further assistance, please contact our Scholarship & Awards Coordinator by visiting our FGS Staff Directory.