David Hunter Jorgensen was a graduate of the Master's program in English at York University and a member of the Doctoral program. His family has established this award in his honour, to recognize a Master’s or Doctoral student with a physical disability.
Value and Duration
- One award of up to $5,000 (Subject to change)
- Full-time or part-time Master's or Doctoral with a disability;
- Financial need will be considered
- December 6
Award Period (when the award will be paid)
- Winter Term
Students must complete the Award Submission Portal with the following information:
- The applicant's statement section should outline why the applicant wishes to apply for this award, their strengths and achievements as a graduate student as well as financial need, as applicable.
- Upload required materials, merged into one PDF file: 1) a letter outlining the disability or letter of accommodation from Student Accessibility Services confirming the physical disability; and 2) a letter of support that demonstrates the student's strengths and achievements (academic or non-academic).
- If you require further assistance, please contact our Scholarship & Awards Coordinator by visiting our FGS Staff Directory.