David Hunter Jorgensen was a graduate of the Master's program in English at York University and a member of the Doctoral program. His family has established this award in his honour, to recognize a Master’s or Doctoral student with a disability.
Value and Duration
- One award of up to $5,000 (Subject to change)
- Full-time or part-time Master's or Doctoral with a disability;
- Financial need will be considered
- November 20
Award Period (when the award will be paid)
- Winter Term
Students must complete the Award Submission Portal with the following information:
- The applicant's statement section should outline why the applicant wishes to apply for this award, their strengths and achievements as a graduate student as well as how the award will be used. Please note that you are not required to disclose your disability.
- A letter of support that demonstrates the student's strengths and achievements (academic or non-academic).
- Complete Student Financial Profile.
- If you require further assistance, please contact our Scholarship & Awards Coordinator by visiting our FGS Staff Directory.