Awarded to students, entering or continuing, in the Graduate Program in Biology, who are focusing on ecology, who are Canadian citizens, permanent residents or protected person and are Ontario residents* who demonstrate financial need. Students must exhibit an outstanding academic record (minimum A- average) and demonstrate an interest in the field of Ecology. Interest can be demonstrated through coursework or participation in extracurricular activities. The graduate student will be supervised by a professor in Ecology/Evolution.
Value and Duration
- One award up to $12,500
- The value and number of award(s) in any given year will depend on the rate of distribution from the endowment fund and the number of recipients selected
Note: This award is comprised of matching funds. If you are expecting to receive the York Graduate Fellowship, this award will impact your Fellowship amount. Please visit Matching Funds to learn more.
- Full-time registered Master’s or doctoral York graduate student;
- Incoming or current students are eligible;
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents and/or protected persons who are residents of Ontario;
- Selection criteria includes:
- Research in ecology, supervision by a professor in ecology/evolution
- Academic accomplishments
- Financial need
- An outstanding academic record (minimum A-average)
Note: The student must be registered full-time for the upcoming academic year (Fall/Winter).
Award Period (when the award will be paid)
- Upcoming academic year
- Graduate program deadline: Program nomination, with complete documentation, is due to FGS by April 27. The Faculty of Graduate Studies Awards Committee will review nominees for eligibility.
How to Apply
- Students must be nominated by their graduate program
GRADUATE PROGRAM RESPONSIBILITY
- The admissions committee in the Graduate Program in Biology is encouraged to review all admission applications to the program to identify eligible students for nomination
- Encouraged to use this significant award to help persuade top applicants in ecology within the Graduate Program of Biology to accept an offer of admission from York University
- Programs will identify potential nominees and request the appropriate documentation
- Meet prior to April 1 to identify the nominee for the following academic year
- Nominate a maximum of two files to FGS in rank order
- Statement of research
- Transcripts (supplied by graduate program from admissions file)
- Completed online Student Financial Profile
- Letter of nomination (supplied by graduate program director)
- Please contact the Graduate Program in Biology: