The Armand and Denise La Barge Graduate Scholarship in Multiculturalism will be awarded annually to a graduate student enrolled at York University. To be eligible for the Scholarship the recipient must demonstrate academic excellence in their field of study. This award reflects the La Barges' outstanding contributions in fighting racism and promoting peaceful co-existence of citizens in a multicultural environment by supporting graduate students whose work relates to Multiculturalism, Human Rights, Cultural Diversity, Racism, or similar areas.
Value and Duration
- One award up to $8,000
- The value and number of award(s) in any given year will depend on the rate of distribution from the endowment fund and the number of recipients selected
Note: This award is comprised of matching funds. If you are expecting to receive the York Graduate Fellowship, this award will impact your Fellowship amount. Please visit Matching Funds for more information.
- Full–time registered current Master’s or doctoral York graduate student;
- Domestic and international students are both eligible for this scholarship;
Note: The student must be registered full-time for the upcoming academic year (Fall/Winter).
- Student deadline: February 28
- Graduate program deadline (if applicable): March 15
Award Period (when the award will be paid)
- Upcoming academic year
How to Apply
Students must submit the following in one PDF document through the Award Submission Portal:
- Award Application Form: the applicant's statement section should outline how the student's research is aligned with the scope of the award;
- A current Curriculum Vitae;
- Official or unofficial transcripts. A copy of grades from the student account is acceptable. Must include the last two years or all years of graduate studies.
- If you require further assistance, please contact our Scholarship & Awards Coordinator by visiting our FGS Staff Directory.