The Armand and Denise La Barge Graduate Scholarship in Multiculturalism will be awarded annually to a graduate student enrolled at York University. To be eligible for the Scholarship the recipient must demonstrate academic excellence in their field of study. This award reflects the La Barges' outstanding contributions in fighting racism and promoting peaceful co-existence of citizens in a multicultural environment by supporting graduate students whose work relates to Multiculturalism, Human Rights, Cultural Diversity, Racism, or similar areas.
Value and Duration
- One award up to $8,000
- The value and number of award(s) in any given year will depend on the rate of distribution from the endowment fund and the number of recipients selected
Note: This award is comprised of matching funds. If you are expecting to receive the York Graduate Fellowship, this award will impact your Fellowship amount. Please visit Matching Funds for more information.
- Full–time registered current Master’s or doctoral York graduate student;
- Domestic and international students are both eligible for this scholarship;
Note: The student must be registered full-time for the upcoming academic year (Fall/Winter).
- March 30
Award Period (when the award will be paid)
- Upcoming academic year
How to Apply
Students must complete the Award Submission Portal with the following information:
- The applicant's statement section should outline how the student's experience and current research are aligned with the scope of the award; and
- Upload required material(s), merged into one PDF file, 1) an up-to-date CV, and 2) a copy of transcript for the most two recent years of study (an unofficial transcript or records from student account are acceptable)
- If you require further assistance, please contact our Scholarship & Awards Coordinator by visiting our FGS Staff Directory.