The Mamdouh and Susan Shoukri Graduate Award will be awarded to a full-time graduate student who demonstrates outstanding academic merit, with additional consideration for extra-curricular involvement and leadership characteristics. Applicants must be Canadian citizens, permanent residents or protected persons, be Ontario residents*, and demonstrate financial need.
The Awards Committee at Graduate Studies will adjudicate and inform the successful recipient(s).
Value and Duration
- Up to two awards of up to $10000
Note: This award is comprised of matching funds. If you are expecting to receive the York Graduate Fellowship, this award will impact your Fellowship amount. Please visit Matching Funds to learn more.
- Permanent residents or Canadian citizens;
- Current full-time graduate student (Must be registered in the upcoming academic year);
- Must have a minimum GPA of B;
- Must demonstrate financial need.
- Student deadline: February 28
- Graduate program deadline (if applicable): March 15
Award Period (when the award will be paid)
- Upcoming academic year
How to Apply
- Students must submit the following in one PDF document through the Award Submission Portal:
- Award Application Form: the applicant's statement section should outline how the student's research is aligned with the scope of the award;
- A current Curriculum Vitae;
- Official or unofficial transcripts. A copy of grades from the student account is acceptable. Must include the last two years or all years of graduate studies.
- Also separately, online Student Financial Profile must also be completed by the student submission deadline.
- If you require further assistance, please contact our Scholarship & Awards Coordinator by visiting our FGS Staff Directory.