The goal of the Zdenka Volavka Research Fellowship is to stimulate and support the study of the art history of the indigenous peoples of Africa and North America through fieldwork and to provide opportunities for comparative study through field activities and related collections research.
Applications are reviewed and awarded by the Graduate Studies Awards Committee.
Value and Duration
- Up to 3 awards of $6,000 each (Subject to change)
- Full–time registered York graduate student;
- Students must be engaged or propose to engage in field–based art historical research, which may include comparative study through collections as well as field activities, focusing on the art of the indigenous peoples of Africa and/or North America.
- December 6
How to Apply
Students must complete the Award Submission Portal with the following information:
- The applicant's statement section should outline how the student's research is aligned with the scope of the award; and
- Upload required material(s), merged into one PDF file, 1) an up-to-date CV, and 2) a copy of transcript for the most two recent years of study (an unofficial transcript or records from student account are acceptable)
- After the Graduate Studies Awards Committee determines the recipient, the Office of the Dean, Graduate Studies will contact all applicants by e–mail and post the allocation to the successful applicant’s student account.
- If you require further assistance, please contact our Scholarship & Awards Coordinator or Research Officer by visiting our FGS Staff Directory.