In accordance with recent arbitration, FGS has introduced a form to allow CUPE 3903 members to opt in to receiving Fellowship payments in the Summer only (of the active academic year) as opposed to over three academic terms.
For a graduate student that opts in to Summer only for the 2021–2022 academic year, a payment schedule may look like this:
- September 2021—no Fellowship deposited to your student account;
- January 2022—no Fellowship deposited to your student account;
- May 2022—any Fellowship for the academic year (fewer adjustments related to awards/employment) deposited in either
- a) May lump-sum payment or
- b) evenly over four months (May, June, July, August).
The two options for receiving Fellowship payments are for those that opt in are:
- In a lump sum at the beginning of Summer Term (May 2022);
- In four equal installments over May, June, July, August 2022.
Please note that by NOT opting into this feature, Fellowship payments (funded students only) will be received at regular intervals once per academic term.
NOTE: The opt-in period for the 2021–2022 academic year is July 26, 2021–August 20, 2022.
Please use our opt-in form if you want to register.