Placement Organization: ELLA
Position Title: Marketing Internship
Number of Possible Placements Available: 1
Working Site’s Location: Virtual
Innovation York founded the Entrepreneurial Leadership & Learning Alliance (ELLA), which provides training and support for women-led ventures.
ELLA Ascend is a 6-month program tailored to support a cohort of 57 women to accelerate the growth of their product- and service-based businesses. Entrepreneurs are given access to a network of other female founders, top experts, mentors and supporters. The program brings together workshops (soft skills & hands-on business skills), peer-to-peer support and mentorship. This program is created and hosted by women, for women, and has a highly intersectional reach, welcoming women of all backgrounds, identities, and abilities.
ELLA Altitude, launching in October 2020, is a 4-month program that supports 10 women-led ventures to scale their business with personalized help from industry leaders. Through focused mentorship, programming and networking opportunities, companies will be primed for global expansion.
ELLA is seeking a creative, curious, and motivated student who is interested in gaining experience in digital marketing. This is an unpaid intern opportunity. The student will work closely with the ELLA Program staff to strategize, create, and execute communications on behalf of the program. Examples of content to be created includes social media content, newsletter content, information about upcoming events and workshops, responding to participant inquiries, etc.
An ideal candidate will have a captivating writing ability and outstanding organizational skills needed to write and plan for upcoming social media posts and other communications.
• Desire to support women entrepreneurs by working with a women-centred business accelerator
• Interest in building strong relationships and developing a network within the entrepreneurial and startup ecosystem
• Strong writing ability and interest in developing written content for digital marketing and communications
• Show initiative and passion for the tasks assigned
• Have a positive attitude, maturity, as well as demonstrate professionalism and punctuality
• Have good oral and written communication skills, and
• Be able to work in both a team environment and independently.
Knowledge and experience using video editing software