Communication & Media Studies, Social Work, Sociology
LA&PS Academic Advising Services will be closed on Wednesday, February 21.
We are here to help you succeed! Do you have questions about your degree requirements, a specific course or the best way to get into a degree program? If you have any concerns about accessing the courses and services you need, we are here to help. Connect with your advisor in-person, virtually or via email. Contact your assigned advisor in the Meet your Academic Advisor section.
Advising with QLess
Check in at the front desk at 103 Central Square. Drop-in advising is first-come, first-served.
Location: 103 Central Square
Hours of operation:
Tuesday 9:30 - 11:45 a.m. and 2 - 3:45 p.m.
Virtual drop-in advising sessions are available by using QLESS.
You will receive a text message with your Zoom link when your advisor is ready to meet with you.
Hours of operation:
Monday: 9:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. and 2:00 - 3:45 p.m.
Thursday: 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. and 2:00 - 3:45 p.m.
How to use QLESS:
- Join our Communication & Media Studies, Social Work, Sociology Academic Advising QLESS Kiosk OR download the QLESS app on your smartphone from Google Play or the iTunes App Store. (Open the app and select "Faculty of Liberal Arts & Professional Studies")
- Select the Communication & Media Studies, Social Work, Sociology virtual or in-person queue.
- Click Join Now.
- Fill out your name and phone number.
- Add any notes for your advisor, including topics you’d like to discuss.
- Fill in a short form regarding your student information.
- You’ll receive a text message with the Zoom link or office location when your advisor is ready to meet with you!
The Virtual queue will close for the day once it reaches capacity.
Note: Each drop-in session is about 15-30 minutes. The last advising drop-in session for the day will begin a half hour before the indicated end time.
Starting January 29, booked appointments are available for Wednesdays and Fridays. To schedule an appointment, please submit your request through our LA&PS Academic Advising Contact Form. Once your appointment is scheduled, you will receive an email notification of your appointment details. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible if you need to cancel or reschedule.
Meet your Advisors
Please note that academic advisors are not able to assist with enrolling students into courses that are full or reserved. For course permission requests, please follow up directly with the department offering the course.
Meet with an Academic Advisor if:
- You are a transfer students. Transfer students should bring their statement of transfer credits to the appointment.
- You need special forms signed, such as Letters of Permission, Exchange Programs, etc.
- You are a current student with academic advising questions.